Thursday 13 May 2010

London Town

I'm in London this week and weekend catching up with my longest serving girlfriends as yet another one of them waves goodbye to single life.
There will be more in terms of blog posts from my visit but I just wanted to drop by to welcome new followers and thank existing ones as I haven't been able to post much recently. I'm really looking forward to getting home to a bit of normality after a hectic couple of weeks! So...welcome and thanks!

So far we've been to see Pavement at Brixton Academy (the husband came down with me for that but has since gone back across the border), devoured the most amazing Iberico ham i've ever tasted, had lunch and bloody mary's in a very cool townhouse hotel, taken a jaunt along Oxford Street and spent money I shouldn't have.

I wouldn't say i'm a wallflower but coming from Edinburgh, it always takes about a day for me to get confident in London. Getting the tube map sussed, the bus numbers to look for and accepting the enormous amount of glum faced people standing that little bit too close and moving that little bit too fast...

...more to come...x

image from here via google images

1 comment:

  1. You're so right on the glum-faced people. I try to avoid the tube and cycle everywhere but when I do have to get it it's horrible! Cheer up dudes, ride bike! :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...